Staying Healthy While Going Through a Divorce

Going through infidelity,and finding that my husband was lying to me really kicked me and my self esteem to the curb. I was so sad and lonely, wanting only to find the answers to many questions that he just refused to answer. I found myself weeping and crying at many odd hours of the day, sometimes not even able to keep my crying down to a minimum tear. During this period of time, I totally neglected my health, not even thinking about how it could affect my body. During times of sadness and trouble, we often forget to take care of ourselves. Although I took meds for high blood pressure, I found myself forgetting when I took my last dose. This could have become a dangerous situation for me, but luckily, I survived. We must learn to stop long enough to remember that our bodies really become weak when we are upset, thus allowing our antibodies to leave us unprotected and easier to get sick. Taking care of ourself and our health is so important. Please take enough time to find ways of relieving stress, while in the grieving process of infidelity, separation or divorce. After all, you don't want to become ill and unable to care about the things that you need to take care of.

No comments: