My Goals for 2009

Here I am, standing strongly on the resolution of getting over my ex and moving onto a brand new year for myself. What can I do to make this a better year? Well, I have thought about that and I think that I have to take it one day at a time. It's probably much like the person that wants to quit drinking or smoking and start out with one foot in front of the other, taking each day as it presents itself. I do know, however, that I have cried about him way too longer than I should have, I have gone back over and over the past way too much and I know that I have to stop thinking about what could have or should have been because it doesn't matter any more. The past is gone and nothing can bring it back. I only have today, and the future ahead of me and that's how I am going to get my goal accomplished. Wishing and hoping of what could have been is no longer an option for me. I have to find out what it is that I want in the future and go about accomplishing that next. What is ahead for me in 2009? Who knows, but it's gotta be better than last year, that's for sure.

No comments: