Happiness CAN Be Found On The Other Side

I am so proud of myself, which is something that I couldn't always say. I have been putting one foot in front of the other, marching my way back to my own self once again. I am not the same girl that married him, but I am a better me, now that we are divorced and apart, but it just didn't happen overnight. The road to recovery can be a long one, that's for sure, but it can also be a good one. I carried that cheating man in my heart for way too long. I know it now, but at the time, I just couldn't get over him. Afterall, I married him with the intent for it to be forever, but it didn't happen that way. I took a very long time to wonder about the why's and the if's of the whole situation but have discovered that those questions never got answered but I am here anyways! And I am here even better than I was with him. Yes, I still have things to work on, and I know that I will have times of regress, but that's just human. I know that putting one foot in front of the other is what I need to do now and I will continue on my journey for as long as it takes me. Happiness CAN be found on the other side....it just takes time.

No comments: