Getting Past Infidelity

I can honestly say that getting past infidelity is one of the hardest things to accomplish in one's life. I think that loving someone so completely and honestly and then having something like this happen is so difficult to move past and I know, because it has taken me a very long time to come to terms with it. In the beginning, I just didn't want to accept it, and I turned a blind eye but I knew. I just didn't WANT to know. Then, I did something about it. I tried so hard to control the issue by silencing his cell phone to her calls, I tried taking away his beeper, I followed him, and yes, I even drove by her house to see if he was there. Nothing worked. I did this for way too long and I did nothing but waste my time, and energy. I had to learn the hard way that he was the only one that could do anything about it, and he chose not to, despite my crying and begging, and wasting even more time. Some want to know and often ask the question of "how long does it take to get over the pain from infidelity?", but I am here to tell you, that it is a different time for each and every one. For me, it took much too long....but I can honestly say, that I am finally getting over that most difficult hump of grieving for him. It took me way too long to do this, but I think that I just wanted to hold on to the memories because I was so in love with him and I didn't know what else to do. I am so very glad that I am on the other side of it now and can finally move on to better things in life. If you are going through infidelity, my heart goes out to you, because it's a horrible thing in life, but please know, that you CAN move on without him/her.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that is the best thing I could ever read this evening. I hate him.