Are You Afraid Of Being Alone?

Well, to be quite honest, I was very afraid of being alone. Being on my own sounded so wonderful when I was a teen, but once I got married and left home, I became accustomed to being with someone.....having someone there when I needed them. I really wanted to actually pick up the rug, and sweep all of his cheating underneath it so I wouldn't have to deal with it, however, that did NOT happen. I was afraid of having to sleep alone at night, having to lock the doors alone, eating dinner without him near, and hearing the silence in the night. Yes, I had my children, but I wanted to be with an adult. He was someone that I had become accustomed to being with and it was one of the hardest things I had to deal with, the separation and divorce and being alone, on my own. I had never done that, because I got married very young and had never experienced being an adult on my own. What can you do to overcome the fear of being alone? Perhaps if I had built a wall of my family and good friends around me, I would have felt more secure. I could have even moved in with family to help me through the hard times, but I didn't. What are some things that you can do to help yourself through the fear of being alone again?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

it really certainly hurts for me, especially after my wife of fifteen years that cheated on me. i am a straight man that is finding it very difficult trying to find love again, and with so many women that have an attitude problem certainly makes it worse. meeting women today is very hard for any good men like us, especially after being married for such a very long time. and with so many women these days playing very hard to get, it does make it that much harder for us serious men now.