Have You Cut Your Emotional Ties Completely?

When you marry someone, you build a love, a lasting relationship and that means giving your spouse your emotional side as well. Ties that bind, oh how wonderful they are, until something goes wrong in the relationship. You know, I was married to my ex for YEARS.....more than 10 years to be exact and I gave him everything that I had to give. Now that we are divorced, seperated and totally never going to be back together again, I do have to admit that it took a very long time for me to completely cut my emotional ties with him. He manipulated me, took away my self confidence and really did a number on me while he was seeing the other woman. I loved him so much and he didn't seem to care how I felt. My emotions ran so deep for this man and it was very hard for me to cut those emotions off after loving him for so long, but I did it..finally. I look at him and see him as the father to our child, but no longer as my husband. He made that choice by cheating, lieing and not being respectful. Have you cut your emotional ties completely, or are there still some emotions hanging on?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice dispatch and this fill someone in on helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you seeking your information.

Anonymous said...

Amiable post and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you for your information.

Anonymous said...

This brilliant phrase is necessary just by the way