Going through infidelity really tears you down, rips you up into many pieces. There were days that I didn't even want to go to work, cook, much less eat anything and all I did was cry and ask the age-old question of "why". You really do have the right to get mad, be sad, yell, scream, cry and ask why, but at some point, you have to get back to normal living. How do you get yourself back though? Most of it involves getting back your self esteem. Learning to accept what you have been through, and getting back on your own two feet is something that may take some time but it honestly can and needs to be done, and it must be done for yourself. If you have children, and family, for them as well.
1. Acknowledge that this ISN'T your fault. You did not make your partner go out and cheat.
2. Understand that grieving a lost relationship/marriage takes time, and that it's okay.
3. Believe in yourself -- you really do have something worth giving another person, even if your cheating partner did not see it.
4. Spend some time with yourself and get to know YOU and what makes you happy.
5. Don't be negative about yourself, learn to love yourself and what you have to give.
6. Take care of you, your health is very important.
7. Do something for yourself that makes you happy.
9. Get mad enough to be able to start standing up for yourself and what you want in life, and the things that you believe in.
10. Put a smile on, find a new hobby, a new friend and go out and try something different.
This all takes time, I am here to tell you, but you CAN get past infidelity, because I did. There is life on the other side, and it can be a new start.