What Makes Us Want To Work Through Infidelity?

what makes us want to stay in a relationship that's going through infidelity? Nobody wants to be cheated on but yet, we hang on, in desperate hope to somehow make things work. It's not just the love, but it's the family that we cling onto, the months/years that we have invested in our relationship, and the memory of what once was when things were good. That's why I hung on for such a long time. I had hoped that he would come back to his senses and want to keep our family together, but it just wasn't enough. I was grasping at straws when there were none. Are you hanging onto a hopeless relationship? Are you waiting around to see if things get better? I know that feeling of not being able to sleep at night not being able to get all the bad things off your mind and it's so hard to know where to turn to for good help. Do you ever wonder how long it's going to take to make things turn around for the better? The answer to this is in the timing, and how willing both parties of the relationship are to working on it together. Finding someone to confide in and help you by listening is a great help....it was to me, at least. No one should have to deal with the infidelity of a spouse alone.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad to have discovered your blog. I dealt with my loss and pain by writing about the experience. I'm a blogger in the Rcoky Mountain west, and while I'm fresh to the work I've put everything I had in to the process of experiencing this grief and then turning the lesson outward, so that others might see.

Check it out, if you like.

www.myyearwithjessika.blogspot.com

Share with your readers, if you enjoy or grow from the read yourself...

Tim

Recovering Loveaholic said...

Hi

I'm also seriously glad that i discovered your blog.
I recently found out that i'd been cheated on and it broke me in half.

Writing my own blog is actually helping me work through this.

www.nastythingcalledlove.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

I fully agree with what you wrote; more than half year past the discovery of betrayal and few months after the separation/divorce process, I still find hard to see world with optimistic eyes.
My story (or parts of it):
http://www.betrayalandvictims.blog.com/
Good luck and a lot of power to overcome this painful experience.
Gnaritia